Episode Summary: In the second season premiere, 16 junior chefs are tasked to prepare dishes featuring the season 1 winner's favorite ingredients. The winner selects the proteins used in elimination round before 12 contestants are chosen to advance.
How many wonderful things can I say about "MasterChef Junior"?
This show reminds me of a lot of good things in life for which I can be thankful...
...Thank You, God, for blessing us with gifts and talents.
I will never be accused of being a chef--master, or otherwise. I am top-notch at using a microwave and rolling through a drive-thru, but I am not a chef. Even still, there are many other gifts and talents I have been given in Christ and I pray that I use them to further His kingdom on earth.
...Thank You, God, for friends who walk beside us.
In the season two premiere, Isabella (11) has a problem when she serves under-cooked chicken to the judges. (Hint, hint: Salmonella does not impress the judges.) All of the other Junior Chefs surround Isabella, sympathizing with her in her hard time and encouraging her. The youngest contestant, Abby (8), tells Isabella that she needs to follow her dad's cooking advice: always have fun. I pray that I can be a friend who share's Christ's love and the comfort of the Spirit to my neighbors.
...Thank You, God, for hope.
When Abby presented her dish to the judges, Joe Bastianich tells her that she may be the youngest contestant participating in Season 2, but she has a lot of potential. Even though many of us (honestly, it's probably all of us) reading this are well beyond eight years old, we still have potential -- our journey of sanctification is a progressive development toward Christ-likeness in the strength of the Spirit. We may get discouraged by our lack of progress, but we always have the hope of glorification.
...Thank You, God, for peace.
When Samuel presented his dish to the judges, to positive reviews, he felt an overwhelming sense of relief. It reminds me of the peace that passes all understanding that we have in Christ. I thank God for His peace in the midst of all of life's troubles.
[Photo Credit: http://awesomedlbk5.blogspot.com/2014/11/masterchef-junior-season-2-episode-1.html]

No comments:
Post a Comment